Elan,

In my opinion, the KX3 is the better QRP transceiver of the two. The K2 is a fine radio, but the best part of it was building it myself.

The KX3 has more advanced technology (a 10+ year newer design) and will now deliver 15 Watts on transmit. It also covers 6 meters and has all-band receive (K2 is ham band only). It also supports the PX3 panadapter.

Because my K2 has the KPA100/KAT100 combo, it's also my second higher power radio now (with the K3 in my primary operating location).

And then there is the KX2 .. my most-used QRP radio now :-)

73, Phil W7OX