Re "I just hope .. we don't go through an ad nauseam exchange ... ": You can dream, Dave ;-)

73, Phil W7OX

On 3/10/17 11:05 AM, w7aqk wrote:
Hi All,

I'd be inclined to think the KX2 measurements won't knock your socks off. Unlike the KX3, which was designed to be a close competitor to K3 performance (a K3 in a smaller package), the KX2 is more a pared down version of the KX3, and some of that paring down probably affected the specs somewhat. I don't think this paring down process was allowed to noticeably degrade performance. I can tell you , though, that it is very hard to notice any significant difference. It has somewhat different architecture, but is an excellent performer. This sort of proves to me that being "top tier" on Sherwood's stats is nice to talk about, but not necessarily critical. That's why so many owners of older rigs have a hard time "hearing" the benefit of what newer designs purport to offer.

Wayne says he guesses the KX2 might rank somewhere in the top 20. If so, that's pretty darned good!!! I'd also be inclined to bet that Wayne already knows about where it will fall! I just hope that, when the numbers do come out, we don't go through an ad nauseam exchange about some spec being a big problem or a serious disappointment. A lot of these differences are only determinable in a lab! On the other hand, if something does seem to be a real problem, I'd also bet it can be fixed!

Dave W7AQK