Just picked this up over the weekend and though this would be a great item to
have around for field activities.

Radio Shack has a neat small rechargable battery pack on sale for only
$19.95.  It is the Power Up Rechargeable Jump-Starter, #270-4130.  It is a nice
compact size of 6 X 9.5 X 8 inches, which includes a carrying handle.  The
internal battery is a 12V 12Ah sealed lead acid type.  There is a built-in
charger
circuit with molded-in standard male 120 VAC connectors - just plug-in your
standard extension cord.  There are two short cables with plastic-coated clamps
for connecting to your car battery terminals to do an emergency start when your
standard battery is low.  Also included is an internal auto 12 VDC socket
(cigarette lighter).  There are the standard idiot-proof status lights.

Sorry, but they did not include Anderson Power Pole connections.

And, it would have been even neater if they had included an 120 VAC inverter
circuit so you could recharge you cell phone or laptop batteries while out in
the field.

BTW, I have not conenctions with Radio Shack other than being a happy
customer.

73,
Henry Pollock K4TMC
K2/100 #3??? (Oops, I forgot...turning 54 has its downfalls...)