Some guy here. Yes, Lloyd K3ESE and I both experience this problem. Before the 3080 board, mine put out 3.5W-4W on 13.8v. Afterwards, it's down to 2W. It didn't keep me from making a nice 80M contact which I reported here along with the problem.

It's possible I've made a building mistake and the fix will just be clearer instructions for me to follow better. I'm confident that Wayne's fix will help when it comes out, but I suspect I'll be re-winding my LPF again.

Leigh / WA5ZNU

Ron D'Eau Claire wrote:
Alex NS6Y wrote:

to change the toroids in the 3080 module, the present one lowers the KX1's power to 2W across the bands. Is this true? My kx1 comes tomorrow, with the 3080 backordered, and I don't mind, I'm sure Elecraft will come up with some new version that increases output across the bands hihi!

---------------------------------

Stand by. I think Wayne's away this weekend, but there is a solution in the
works.
All along a *few* KX1s have exhibited lower output, apparently due to normal
manufacturing variations in the transistors. Gary at Elecraft support has
helped owners make a few mods that corrected the problem on an individual
basis.
The KXB3080 seems to exacerbate this effect on some KX1s while others
happily pump out full power. This problem didn't really become obvious until
after the Field Test was completed. Several days ago Wayne went into
Warp-Drive to evaluate the issue and validate a solution for those who
experience it. As of Friday I understand the fix was tested and ready to
implement for those who need it so all KX1s will put out somewhere between 3
and 4 watts with a 14 VDC supply and 1 to 1.5 watts on the internal battery,
including those equipped with the KXB3080.

Look for more announcements to show up in the next couple of days. The
bottom line is that your KX1 will meet the full specifications with or
without the KXB30 or KXB3080 modules installed. Ron AC7AC