-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Fred (FL)
Sent: Sunday, April 02, 2006 9:08 PM
To: Elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] RF Board K2 #5422 - Paneling?

Well I got thru K2 #5422 - Control Board, and Front Panel pcb.  I've
started the RF Board and have finished installing items up to page 38 in
manual.  WOOOOOOOOOOOOW  Couple items are tacking off course?

1.  K2 Manual Page 38 talks about installing "two (2) 2-D Fasteners
Blocks" on each of the side panels, in newly masking-tape-removed areas.

    Then page 39 instructs to install these two (2) side panels in
place, "to the two (2) 2-D Fasteners"
that are already installed on the outside edges of
the RF Board?   Why did page 38 instruct to install
2-D Fasteners, which were already installed from way back when in RF
Board section?

2.  K2 Manual Page 39 then goes on to instruct "installation of two (2)
Oval Feet and Tilt Bail" onto bottom cover.  BUT -- Tilt Bail is about
1/2" too long, when one screws in-place the Oval Feet at the 2 bottom
cover locations.  I'm sure they don't want me to attempt to bend the
3/16" metal Tilt Bail inward by 1/2"?  Its a good 3/8 or 1/2" too long?

Have I gotten new version metal covers and old version bails and 2-D
fasteners?  Or possibly is the Tilt Bail I got - actually for another
Elecraft radio, like a K1?

It seems odd to be installing, on page 38 and 39 side panels, bottome
panels, and tilt bails at this early construction stage of the RF BOARD?

HELP
.... the boards, soldering, and resistance checks seems to be tracking
right nice!  (PS PS PS - Digital VM/MM works MUCH better!!! :)

Fred N3CSY
K2 # 5422
Spring Hill, FL
4/02