From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Don
Wilhelm
Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2017 12:17 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] OT: Package shippers

Erik and all,

I believe that amount is $1000 rather than the $100 that you quoted - unless
the particular packing store you used sets their own rules.
If you shipped at a UPS store, this new rule is unknown to me.

I do have a UPS account (but not regular pickup), and do not have a problem
with any package where the value is less than $1000.
If it is greater than that value, I can pack it, but I have to hand it off
to a UPS driver rather than dropping it off at a shipping center.
The driver is required to sign a form for my records, and he takes
responsibility for it from that time.

Independent shipping centers that ship UPS are free to set their own rules,
and yes, if I take a package to one of them for shipment and declare $1000
or greater value, they will insist on packaging it.  That is fair, because
they share in responsibility for that parcel.

You learn those things after you have been shipping frequently for a while.

73,
Don W3FPR

On 4/26/2017 2:46 PM, Erik Basilier wrote:

> [...]
materials, provided and packed by UPS.

delivered to ebasil...@cox.net