      From: "Dauer, Edward" <eda...@law.du.edu>
 To: "elecraft@mailman.qth.net" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
 Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2017 8:38 AM
 Subject: [Elecraft] USPS, UPS, FedEx and related woes

One anecdote before this O.T. thread is terminated . . .

My “shack” is in a second home in the Colorado mountains, where none of these
services work.  Street addresses exist but they are useless; a driver
unfamiliar with the local area would have to use either county plat maps or GPS
coordinates, which of course no shipper would provide.  The dirt road leading
to the house isn’t wide enough for a large truck, and climbing up our hill
requires a good four-wheeler during much of the year.  When we first built the
place the US Post Office would not deliver mail to addresses in our area, so
for a while I rented one of the few boxes available at the local Post Office.
After a year or two they unilaterally cancelled the rental, telling me that I
didn’t get enough mail to justify having a box there.  I solved the problem by
having everything sent to my Denver address, but I found it ironic.  In Denver
I am flooded with junk mail every day, often more than can be smushed into the
outside box on our house.  In the country (an unincorporated area called
Florissant) I don’t get enough mail to deserve a box at the P.O.

Ted, KN1CBR

Message delivered to farrerfo...@yahoo.com