> ...an MFJ clock ...
> Kinda stupid for an
> Amateur Radio product. Model MFJ-123.

Sums it up for me right there.

I bought one of their "Deluxe Iambic Paddles" last year when I built my K1.
It uses a split post to cinch down on the threaded contacts. Problem is that
it's not possible to cinch them down tight enough to really hold the
contacts in place, so you end up having to adjust the contacts between every
exchange. I sent it in for repair/replacement under warranty and they sent
me a new one. It has the same problem. It's a design flaw, not a problem
with the individual product.

I bought a March R-3a at Dayton last year (http://www.qsl.net/k4qu/). I
realize there's a significant price difference between the two but given
that the MFJ is a paperweight and the March is a keyer paddle, the issue for
me isn't price, it's the product's ability to perform in the function for
which it was designed.

Craig
NZ0R
K1 #1966