At one point I considered taking a K3/10 and installing Transverters where the
PA deck would go.

      From: Bill Johnson <k9...@live.com>
 To: Phil Hystad <phys...@mac.com>; Elecraft <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
 Sent: Friday, May 5, 2017 7:17 PM
 Subject: Re: [Elecraft] VHF+UHF Radio Wish List

Phil,

Wayne and Eric are smart dudes, for sure.  I don't know that they are into VHF,
UHF to the degree needed to do what you ask.  They do have a team of engineers,
also very bright and HAM interested, so the request may eventually take hold.
I would love a K2 or K3 style platform for VHF, UHF based on the Elecraft
design features to include features such as full duplex, etc.  I don't know
what the market for such equipment might be, but they might wish to respond to
our interest?!  I would enjoy such equipment and they could allow space for
modules to be added which would include even higher freq stuff for those who
wanted it.

72 & 73,
Bill
K9YEQ, FT’er for K2, KX1, KX3, KXPA100,  KAT500, W2, etc.