Hi Kev,
Only thing to add that I can think of is a 27+ watt solar panel.  More hand
tools are nice.

Mel, K6KBE

      From: Kevin - K4VD <ke...@k4vd.net>
 To: Elecraft Reflector Reflector <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
 Sent: Monday, May 8, 2017 5:37 PM
 Subject: [Elecraft] Setting Up Travel Kit

Hi there...

I'm hoping this year I'll see a lot of day/half-day trips, a few overnight
or weekend trips and maybe a week getaway - all with my KX3 of course.

I'm working on progressive grab and go bags depending on the current plan.
So far, for the day/half-day trips I've come up with the following:

Pack #1 (40/20 meters, CW, some digital, some voice, limited DC power)

Bag, AmazonBasics Large DSLR Gadget Bag, Orange Interior

KX3 Radio

Paddles

KX3 allen wrench

KXPD3 allen wrench

Antenna, EF-40/20

Coax, 3’ BNCm RA to PL259

Minilog

Notepad

License

Pen

Pencil

Mason line

Fishing weight

Adapter pack (this-to-that stuff)

Earphones

8x NiMH internal

16x NiMH external

8-cell holder with 5.5x2.1 barrel

I think this is the minimum for a day at the park. It all fits into an easy
to carry bag.

My next step is to come up with a kit that adds to the above and extends
things out for a weekend. I have a 20Ah LiFePO4 (on the way) and will add
an end-fed to cover up to 80 meters along with the Heil headset. This would
be a Field Day kit for instance. More features trading off some
compactness. I'll work on an actual inventory.

The final step - the week getaway - might include a different antenna,
PX-3, KXPA100 if AC available and maybe a computer for better digital
capabilities (wsjt-x, fldigi, dxkeeper).

These are my thoughts so far. They'll probably change with some experience
and advice (hint).

73,
Kev K4VD

Message delivered to farrerfo...@yahoo.com