Mike, I think the activity times you suggest are a good idea. It is amazing how seemingly dead bands come to life during contests. While we are at the bottom of the sunspot cycle and nobody expects the bands to be open, they are more often that most people would reallize. Check 10 & 15m during nearly any major contest weekend and you'll see this to be the case. Well, if that is true, chances are just as good for this coming weekend as well! We just have to get on the bands and make some noise occasionally.

I'll be doing a quick sweep to listen but also calling CQ as well. Even though DE & PA are neighbors so propagation will likely be similar, I hope others on this list that will be in the Spring QSO Party, or even those who aren't but would like to give out a few QSOs, will also give a listen (or make some noise) and try the suggested times.
Hope to work you Mike, and many others out there who are lurking out there!

73,

Mark, NK8Q

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I'm making a slight change to my earlier post on my trip to DE for the ARCI
Spring QP.

I will check the top of each hour, for 5 minutes, on 15m, not 10m.  However, I
will check 10m at the bottom of each hour.

I will call CQ QRP for 5 minutes.  If the action is good, I'll stay there until
it falls off.  Otherwise I'll go back to the band I was previously on.

HOW ABOUT EVERYONE DOING THE SAME?

73,
Mike