Dennis WB0WAO asked:
I know that the XV-50 ouput is 25w, but is there a way to _modify_ it so
that its max output is around 10w?

Sure! The output power is controlled using the POWER control on your K2, or
other 28 MHz if you're not using a K2. If you have a 28 MHz rig without a
variable output power, you can still adjust the output from the XV50 over a
fairly wide range by selecting various combinations of jumpers and adjusting
a trimmer pot in the XV50.

I've only used a transverter with the K2, so I can't say that the range of
the internal attenuators will let you select 10 watts out for any fixed
input power within its working range, but it's quite flexible.

Ron AC7AC