I'm currently trying to get my head around where to get antenna band
information for a K-line SO2R setup using a Microham MK2R+.

I believe I can pick up band information useful for making antenna
selections from the following two locations;

   - back of the Microham MK2R+... or
   - from the 15-pin ACC (between K3 and KPA500 via Y-Cable)

I'm wondering if there are any pitfalls or hidden gotchya's in either of
these two locations.

To me it seems more sensible to slave the antenna section to the KPA500's
since it knows where it will be transmitting when PTT is engaged; where as
the back of the Microham MK2R+ is where "it thinks" or "has told" the radio
and amp should be...   Logically the same but time differences or local
user input can make the two different.

Any suggestions or guidance gratefully appreciated.

The Microham MK2R+ that arrived today certainly has a steep learning curve !

73

Matthew
VK5ZM