​To follow up, it was me that this happened to while out in the field
yesterday. Detrick and I both had our KX3s with us. ​

I was set for USB mode and preparing to work some voice (very rare for me).
On ptt down I was able to set ALC to 4+flicker and add a little
compression. I wanted to switch over to see SWR and power so I clicked the
KEYER/MIC knob. It didn't switch the power meter. In fact, oddly, it gave
me the option of setting mic gain or cw speed.

I checked Detrick's KX3 including a quick run through the menus. His acted
as I expected.

It's a new KX3. First time in the field. But I'm not that new to KX3s.
After a year or so with the previous KX3 I had menu options set the way I
liked them and then never thought about them again. I'm kind of thinking I
forgot something I should know as the KX3 worked flawlessly otherwise. I
was able to read power/swr in CW and DATA-A modes as expected.

I have the KX3 still packed from yesterday's WWFF visit to Mason Neck Park.
I'll drag it out later to try and figure things out but if anyone knows off
the top of their heads what I missed, let me know.

73,
Kev K4VD