Here are the results of my KX1 with the 80/30 module installed:

With 13.5 Power Supply:
80 Meters..... 3.5 watts
40 Meters..... 2.8 watts
30 Meters......3.5 watts
20 Meters......2.3 watts

With Internal Batteries <8.2 Volts> Lithium
80 Meters......1.8 watts
40 Meters......1.3 watts
30 Meters......1.6 watts
20 Meters......1.3 watts

Actually I am not backpacking any more because of my knees but I do go to parks
close by. My favorite is a National Park.... Fort McHenry...in Baltimore,
MD.... I am using a 24 foot antenna with a 33 ft. counterpoise. I doubt that I
am going to use the internal batteries very much because I have a 7amphr sealed
battery that I plan to set on the picnic table!! The main reason I like Fort
McHenry is the KX1 and the K1 are free from any noise on the receivers. It is
such a relief from the S-8 noise that I have at home.

Paul, KD3JF
EX: WA4JGI, WA8TER
Central Maryland
FM19qd (Map Grid Square)