I have all the tools of the trade including a high end
Pace soldering station. Even with the tools and
decades of experience I still find that occasional tab
that refuses to clear of sollder. Ran into several
pads on my KX1 while installing the upgrade that
refused to clear and gave all the signs of pulling
away from the pc board. On a chance I had nothing to
loose I used my fine iron tip (aprox 0.03") and a can
of 'Dust Off' compressed gas, used to dust computer
keyboards. Heated the problem pads and they came clean
when I gave the pad a shot of gas. The down side of
this procedure is the solder is blown out the opposite
side and you must inspect the board and remove any
solder splatter. I use the long plastic tube that
usually comes with the compressed gas to direct the
spray right at the problem pad while heating the pad
at the same time.
Hope this saves someone the trouble of reworking
damaged pc board traces.

73, Walt KE8BQ

73, Walt, KE8BQ