Lead Acid are charged/discharged at the same time in cars, but this is a
different app...

Ideally, I want my radio (load) to ONLY see the battery, NOT the charge
current coming in.
Ideally, I would like to have switching circuitry that cut the charge
off while the load was present (idle OR xmit, programmable choice).
With a recover to charge switch back when load (chosen) is once again
absent.  (Need a battery recover delay PRIOR to switch on to allow it to
stabilize BEFORE the charge circuitry starts sending to set voltage/current.
Probably NOT "needed", but I like to be "nice" to my batteries.... and I
like to be even "nicer" to my radio.  I want it to get PURE,
unadulterated DC.
But I am the weird guy...  I get that.  <smile>

73,

Clay Autery, KY5G
MONTAC Enterprises
(318) 518-1389