Es happens every summer. It commonly is most prevalent on 6, however 10 is often involved. I've experienced it on 20and 15 on rare occasions. It sure does seem to be more pronounced this year though. For some reason, it seems to abhor the western part of North America. I suspect part of that may be because there are precious few hams out in the Basin and Range to use it... you know, "tree falls in the forest, no one is there ..."

There's an RF-quiet QTH in the Bay Area? [:-)

73,

Fred ("Skip") K6DGW
Sparks NV USA
Washoe County DM09dn