Having recently gotten into electric R/C plane, I'd like to power my KX1 with
the lighter LiPo batteries that I have on hand. Each LiPo cell is 4.7 volts,
therefore 3 cells = 11.1Vand 4 cells is 14.8V.

I'd prefer to use a 4-cell battery for the KX1. The manual calls for 7-14 volts
for this rig. I wonder if anyone else may be using LiPos in the field (or any
battery with a voltage approaching 15V) and whether or not you have noticed any
harmful effects such as unwanted smoke, etc...

Thanks and 72,

John Harper AE5X
Outdoor QRP: http://www.ae5x.com

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.