The Johnson 250-39 and B&W 380 T/R switches both had a certain amount of "suck-out" but they did protect tube receivers.

I had both (still do) and preferred the Johnson.

http://wireless-girl.com/Projects/TRswitches/Johnson/

Note the warning about use with solid-state equipment, however.

73,

Kent  K9ZTV