"Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale........"

Tom - KB2SMS

KX2 #01927

On 08/29/2017 09:45 PM, Wayne Burdick wrote:
Mike, KM6AB, has found what may be the coolest portable operating location
ever. Here’s a link to his video:

     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rumdRbqLI00

Also see his description below. Now, don’t everyone rush to this QTH all at the
same time!

Wayne
N6KR

* * *

Here is a quick video operating my KX2 from a tiny island feeding a 20m end fed half wave
(64:1 transformer and 32ft of wire) hanging from a 33ft fiberglass mast. The island is in
Huntington Lake, CA in the Sierra mtns above Fresno. Still pics can be grabbed from the
video and near the end of the video I'm holding up the KX2 as the drone flies by. The
caption could simply be " Elecraft Island".
73, Mike KM6AB

Message delivered to tomm...@hvc.rr.com