I have to apologize for stating that there were mod kits available for the
KXPD2 and KXPD3 that reflect improvements we’ve made over time. Turns out that
we only upgrade existing units at the factory, so we can do complete testing
before returning them.

For paddles under warranty that aren’t up to the current configuration, we’ll
add the upgrades on request, at no charge.

For those out of warranty, we charge a flat $79 fee (plus shipping) to do the
upgrade. (We just reduced this from $95.)

If you have an older KXPD3 you’d like to upgrade, please use the following link
to place the order:

    http://www.elecraft.com/order_form_parts.htm#kx3

For older KXPD2s there will be a similar process, but it is not in place yet.
We’ll announce it in a week or two.

73,
Wayne
N6KR