Interesting post from Wayne regarding the low fan noise from the KPA1500. So, I have to ask about fan noise and the KPA500.

Background: I run my KPA500 all the time - my K3 is a 500 Watt XCVR. From time to time, in particular during AM operation, the fan comes on and moves right on up in the noise department. Enough, that I have considered changing the location of the amp or redesigning my desk and putting a door across the shelf the amp lives on (open to the back and lots of room of course).

Question: Has anyone successfully reduced the fan noise of the KPA500 by fan replacement? If so, please tell me what you did.

Thanks, Bill W2BLC K-Line