Don,

You asked:

    Did you have the front panel board isolated from the other boards when
    you made those resistance measurements?
    If not, that is sufficient reason for the low resistances.

    73,
    Don W3FPR

Yes, the Front Panel board was by apart from the rest of the radio when the
measurements were taken.

After further investigation, I noted that /BANK2 is shorted to ground.  On a
hunch, I cut the CCW pin of R5 (the leftmost pin), thus isolating R5 from
/BANK2.  Now, with R5 isolated, all of the problematic measurements taken
before are spot on.  See the table below (from the K2 Owners Manual, Rev I,
page 29):

Test Point      Signal Name     Res. (to GND)   First Meas       Meas with R5
(CCW) cut
U1 pin 1        IDAT                 25 - 35 k          8.84 k             29.3
U1 pin 2        ICLK                 25 - 35 k          8.93 k             29.3
U1 pin 3        /SYNC              40 - 60 k          28 k                48 k
U1 pin 5        5A                   15 - 40 k          4.1 k
24.4 k
U1 pin 12       2V                    9 - 11 k          6 k                  10
J1 pin 15       VPOTS             10 - 60 k          4.3 k               28 k
J1 pin 16       ICLK                25 - 35 k          8.9 k               29.3
J1 pin 17       IDAT                25 - 35 k          8.7 k              29.3
J1 pin 18       5A                   15 - 40 k          4.1 k              24.4

I still need to find the /BANK2 short to ground.  There is nothing obvious on
the board here, though.

Another odd behavior to note.  Prior to cutting R5 (CCW), and with the radio
assembled and R5 set to midpoint, upon applying power, I got simply "ELE" on
the display.  Then, turning R5 completely CW, the display changed to
"Elecraft".  Turning R5 CCW a bit then back fully CW, I got "7100.0c".  Have no
idea why this is happening.

I tested all of the /BANK2 switches (S9 - S16) and they all appear to be
working.  Orientation of D4, D5, and D6 are all correct.

Would appreciate any further thoughts.

73,
Dan, K7DJK