Wayne,

Thanks for the response.  I waited to respond until the KPA1500 manual was
published to see if there were any PF1/PF2 functions out of the box.  What
I'd like to see first is much less fancy than interacting with external
relay-based antenna switching like you mentioned.  How about initially
providing a second set of ATU segment memories to allow a /manual/ external
switch?  The amp can't know or control which antenna is selected but it
would be very handy to have a PF function key the operator could use to
toggle between ATU segment set one and two, for example, when the manual
antenna switch position is changed.

I envision it like this:

ANT1
  \
  Manual Switch
     \--:  Antenna 1  (Manually select ATU logical segment set 1 with PF1
tap)
     \--:  Antenna 2  (Manually select ATU logical segment set 2 with PF1
hold)

ANT2
   \
   Manual Switch
      \--:  Antenna 3  (Manually select ATU logical segment set 1 with PF1
tap)
      \--:  Antenna 4  (Manually select ATU logical segment set 2 with PF1
hold)

Just a manual logical segment set change in support of manual external
antenna switching.

Is that do-able?  I imagine I'm not alone in the use of manual antenna
switches and needing to accommodate more than two antennas without the ATU
experiencing a high-SWR-triggered re-tune hunt each time an external switch
selects a different antenna.

Thanks,

Dan
AE9K