Yes, not class 10 takes longer...  My thumb drives ARE formatted FAT32, I checked.  My OLD drive that works is a USB2.0 the new drive is a USB3.0 speed disk.  YES - I read the manual before I started this topic. NOW, the class 10 comment in the manual... class 10 is marked on SD cards.  I am wondering IF the software developer is using an adapter with an SD card rather than an "thumb drive".

*I have SD/adapter(s) and I will give it a try.*  I just like having fewer parts to loose when portable...

The problem isn't the speed of the thumb drive (aka class 10) but that the USB 3.0 and larger USB 2.0 thumb drives DON'T get "seen" by the PX3/P3 - no "M" on the screen.

73, steve WB3LGC

What is a class 10 SD card?   BTW, my USB3.0 "Flash Drive" is 150 MB/s  (read speed? up to...) and SD cards and USB thumb drives are not rated the same - different association.

Answered by The WikiAnswers^® Community
Currently, the SD Association recognizes two Speed Classes: "Speed Class" and "UHS Speed Class." Speed Class applies to SD, miniSD, microSD, SDHC, miniSDHC, microSDHC, SDXC and microSDXC cards. These are denoted by a class number within a C-shaped logo. The higher the class number, the faster the card. In order to bear the SD Speed Class logo, card manufacturers have to adhere to the minimum standards set out by the SD Association. Class 2 is the slowest SD card speed. Class 2 has a write speed of about 2 Mb/s and is suitable for standard definition video recording. Class 4 and Class 6 have write speeds of about 4 Mb/s and 6 Mb/s, respectively, and can be used for HD video recording. These three classes of SD cards are designed to operate under the normal bus interface. *Class 10 SD cards have write speeds of 10 Mb/s and up and are designed to operate under the high speed bus interface. *

**