Thanks to Dan, N3ND, the answer was in the help files for the program.  I
actually looked at the help files but missed this.

*"T**he VFO B frequency must be on the same band as the VFO A frequency. If
you send a memory to a transceiver with different bands in the two VFOs,
the VFO B frequency will be replaced by the VFO A frequency."*

73,
Tom - KQ5S