From: Jack Brindle
Sent: Sunday, February 25, 2018 14:42
To: Reflector Elecraft
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Advice needed: Remote Station Enhancement

Interesting idea, but I would talk to N6TV before going too far down this path.
The reason is the introduction of +12V on the Band lines will cause issues in
the KPA500 and KAT500. There is a series-connected 220 ohm protection resistor
in the K3’s Band signals. When +12V is placed on the band lines, the band
voltage no longer is allowed to go below the TTL threshold needed by the KPA
and KAT. N6TV has taken a good look at this, and may have a good solution for
driving the UM decoder in this setup.

There are other decoders that use standard TTL voltage levels that work very
well. These include the Elecraft KRC2, the Top-Ten Devices Band Aide decoder,
The YCCC MOAS (which may be overkill for this use) and several others that are
also very good.

73!

Jack, W6FB

Message delivered to k...@gmx.com