Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn
Washoe County

On 3/14/2018 7:37 AM, John K9UWA wrote:
Hi Reed

YES !  DirecTV receivers are horrible racket makers.
#1 I built a new power cord for the receivers wired into a 12V ASTRON regulated
12v supply. No More Switcher Wall Warts allowed at my QTH.

#2 The HDMI cable from the Rcvr to the TV set has 12 turns through a stack of
TWO of the 2.4" diameter Ferrite #31 mix cores.

Several other 12v devices are also connected to that same Astron supply.
Modem, Router etc. Now that rcvr is quiet.

John k9uwa

Has anyone had trouble with RFI, receive or transmit, with Dish or
Direct TV.  I have cable through Comcast & tired of their rate increases
so thought I give satellite a try since looks like more bang for the buck.

Thanks,

Reed  W4JZ

John Goller, K9UWA & Jean Goller, N9PXF
Antique Radio Restorations