      From: Don Wilhelm <donw...@embarqmail.com>
 To: David Box <do...@suddenlink.net>; Elecraft@mailman.qth.net
 Sent: Friday, March 23, 2018 11:37 AM
 Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KPA1500 TX Sample

Dave,

Since that "coupler" has only one output, it is not a full forward and
reverse coupler, so it could be nothing more than a toroid output with
the wire carrying the full output going through the center of the core -
in other words, it can just be an "RF Sampler", and in that case it
would not have to be placed in a place where the load is 50 ohms.

I think there will be more information to come about its function.  For
the time being, it is safe to assume it is not a calibrated output, but
simply a tap to observe the output waveform, rather than an amplitude
measuring device.

73,
Don W3FPR

Message delivered to farrerfo...@yahoo.com