Wunder,

Thanks for the expaination. I was thinking K3, and you were referring to the KX3 - yes, I know about the digital/analog ground in the KX3.

73,
Don W3FPR

The KX3mic jack  provides both mic bias and logic bias. A two-conductor mic
plug will short the mic bias to the logic bias. The logic bias is not filtered.
I realized that a stereo splitter would separate the logic bias to one channel
(where it could be used for PTT) and a mic could be plugged into the other
channel with the filtered mic bias.

I wrote the two articles because I got really, really tired of posting the same
information over and over again to the this list.

The problem was originally diagnosed on this list by Lyle, KK7P. He suggested
turning off mic bias and using only the logic bias. Separating them out works
even better. Here is Lyle’s email:

The article is pretty short and has pictures.

wunder
K6WRU
Walter Underwood
CM87wj