Good propagation most certainly is a big factor in QRP DX work, John, but I feel you may have missed my point. Assuming poor propagation, if I make a QRP contact 600 miles away with a decent antenna, and my buddy across town with the same power and a dinky wire hanging out the window does nearly as well or the same, I like sharing his joy at success under such trying circumstances. Working DX under all sorts of varying conditions is another talent I greatly admire, and I think the combination of these varied pursuits amongst we hams adds wonderful flavor to the hobby. I laud your skills as well, John, in snagging those elusive hard ones.
   Cheers, Dale -K6PJV
----- Original Message ----- From: "n3drk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "Dale Kretzer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "Elecraft Mail Posting" <Elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2006 10:26 AM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Operating skill

Not to burst anyone's bubble but please keep in mind that Propagation the past two days have been above normal. In fact they were excellent. This is very much a Big factor. And when the propagation returns to normal the next few days the amp will go on to overcome
the absorption losses.

Best Regards,

john-n3drk