JT wrote:

>Another option I am thinking about is multiple 2-band boards.  Keep
>the 40/20 and add a 40/30 and an 80/40.

The downside to having the same band, in this case 40m, on multiple filter
boards, is that only ONE frequency display calibration factor per each HF ham
band can stored by the front panel MPU.  The MPU can store one calibration
factor for each of the nine ham bands from 160m to 10m.  Unless all of your 40m
heterodyne crystals on each of your filter boards oscillate at nearly the same
frequency, there will be some frequency display error on 40m whenever a board
is installed that wasn't in place when the display was last calibrated.  The
heterodyne crystals can vary several kHz between each other, so there could be
a display error of several kHz.

73,
Mike / KK5F