Hi,There are a couple of things that may be important here. 1. Make sure the
firmware on the k3 and p3 are at their latest. Having old p3 firmware and new
k3 firmware can cause exactly what you have seen.2. Make sure the baud rate on
the p3 matches the baud rate on the k3. Set them both the same.73 Tomva2fsq.com

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Bill <billcla...@nycap.rr.com> Date:
[Elecraft] HRD slow accessing K3 frequency controls
Computer has a serial board with two ports. One for the K3 (P3) and one
for the 480. Not used for anything else. No adapters.

Pulled a two month old backup SSD out of the safe. No go - did not work
then either.

I am sure the computer is busy doing something - which I don't know
about - causing a resource hog delay.

This is why 99% of the time, I am running Linux Mint. But, the number of
programs that really are good for ham radio and work on Linux is small.
Most of the stuff is garbage. So I keep Windows around.

I did find an Apple driver update - took it out and noticed no difference.

This is becoming one of those things that is taking more time than it is
worth. I think this is how MS wear their customers down. Long live Linux!

Bill W2BLC

Message delivered to tom...@videotron.ca