Take a look at Autohotkey. It is a scripting language for Windows that can
do things like simulate key presses and mouse clicks, and a whole bunch
more. If you can write it in their scripting language and compile it to an
executable, that can be run on startup. I use it to automate the
interactions of multiple programs.

I have an example script for checking the state of check boxes  and sending
mouse clicks to my Perseus SDR control panel here:

https://sites.google.com/site/spectrumlabtesting/home/resetperseus-exe

Maybe you can do something similar. If you can program, you can do it in
their scripting language.

If you mark your internet connection as a metered connection, Windows 10
will delay most updates. You can manually trigger the updates or change to
unmetered to run them.

I hope this helps.

73,

Mark