Meanwhile, many people are working DX in all modes day and night...go figure :)
 My weapon of choice is a KX2, hand-held, running 10 watts to a 3-band,
4-foot-long whip. Despite the obvious compromises, I never fail to make some
worldwide Qs on hiking trips -- though it is certainly easier when those band
openings come along.

Wayne
N6KR