From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net <elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net> On
Behalf Of Jim Brown
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2018 10:58 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Looking at KPA1500

On 10/16/2018 10:24 PM, Erik Basilier wrote:
> My main 40m antenna meets that requirement over a significant portion
> of the band, but at band edges swr can be 4.5:1 or so.

Hmmm. 40M is not very wide (only 4.2%, as compared to 80M which is 14.3%).
What kind of antenna is it? Simple antennas without traps or loading coils
like resonant dipoles and verticals typically cover 40M with SWR below 2:1
if tuned to the center of the band.

80M is the tough one, but can be tamed with some transmission line and or
stub tricks.

73, Jim K9YC

delivered to ebasil...@cox.net