Hi Jim,

The 17 meter switch position allows efficient operation with an ATU on 17 and
15 meters. While it may be possible to achieve a low SWR on higher bands, the
losses would be higher.

A better approach would be to build a different base unit with smaller
inductors. For example a 10 and 6 meter version would work very well on both
bands. Let’s call it an AX1B for discussion purposes. This might appeal to
Technician class licensees in particular.

If there were a lot of interest in an AX1B, we would consider it.

73,
Wayne
N6KR

----