On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 07:43:07AM -0700, Lou Voerman W2ROW wrote:
> Ted,
>
> Elecraft did publish an add on circuit to drive an amp from the K2. The bad
> news is that I can not find it on their new website. Tom Hammond N0SS (SK)
> designed a PC Board for an amp keying circuit which is no longer available.
> However he published the schematic which you can find here:
>
> N0SS K2 amp keying circuit
> <http://www.mmccs.com/mmarc/n0ss/k2_t-r_rly_drvr.pdf>
>
> I hope the link works. I have not tried this circuit with a KPA500.
>
> Lou W2ROW

I built the circuit provided by Elecraft a few months ago to add a
KXPA100 amp to my K2. Its been working great once I got it built
properly. I used two sources of info, the Elecraft circuit
<http://web.archive.org/web/20180316034045/www.elecraft.com/Apps/Amp_keying_ckt.htm>
and another page that added some information to the Elecraft page
<http://www.mwrs.org.au/2014/04/20/elecraft-k2-amplifier-keying-circuit/>.

In the Elecraft page they mentioned that both transistors can be
2N2222, which is what I did.

The first link is through the Internet Archive site that allows access
to old, saved websitess to allow access to the old Elecraft
site. Someone posted about this just a few days ago, which is how I
learned of it.

73
Steve N6SAW