Here are a couple of observations on using the AX1 on the K2/10 with internal tuner. First off, I know that this is promoted for the KX2/KX3 and similar radios, the AX1 page doesn't list the K2 as a compatible product and probably doesn't get much use in /PM.

With the K2 sitting flat, the AXB1 Whip Bipod legs aren't quite long enough to be effective. They do touch the table with maybe 1/2" of space between the legs. If you're using the K2 on an uneven surface they may not provide any support at all. I think another 1/4" - 1/2" of length would solve that. With the bail extended and the front of the K2 elevated the legs work fine but of course the antenna is no longer perfectly vertical

K2 internal tuner tests were performed with the whip fully extended and the supplied radial wire laid out to its full length and tightened under the ground post as well as it could be. The pre-installed lug does not fit around the ground post. Switch position was appropriate for each band tested. On 20m the internal tuner found a good match wherever I was in the band. That is to be expected as the antenna was designed for 20m with no tuner. On 17m the best match I could get was 3.3:1, and on 15m I got a 1.1:1 match pretty much throughout the band.

I don't know what caused the issue on 17m since it worked fine on 20 and 15. On my KX3 the AX1 tuned up fine on all three bands so I don't suspect an issue with the antenna, it must be the K2 tuner although it tunes other antennas well on 17m. I'll do some more playing around and if I get different results I'll post them.

73, Dennis NJ6G
"Bill Murray"