      From: Fred Jensen <k6...@foothill.net>
 To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
 Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 12:58 PM
 Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Avoiding costly lightning damage to your radios gear

Does my K3 have a static bleed across the antenna terminal(s)?  A number
of years ago, our CQP team in Alpine County fried the front end of an
IC-760 II in a snow storm [precip static].  Then, with an accumulated
300 or so years of amateur radio experience on the team, we replaced it
with a spare ... and fried that one too. [:-)  I have a coax Tee with a
100K resistor in a PL259 on my K3, just wondering if it's necessary.

73,

Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn
Washoe County