On 11/19/2018 08:54, Detrick Merz wrote:
4 cells: at full charge, pack voltage is too high for the KX3. On the flip
side, nominal pack voltage will remain high enough for the radio to operate
at higher power until the pack is nearly dead. I've dealt with this two
ways:

Depending on the chemistry, Li-Ion cells can be something like 3.2 to 4.2 V fully charged. I used 4 of the 4.2 V cells to power the KX1, with a low dropout linear regulator to limit the voltage to 14 V.  With a little better heat sink, that regulator should work with the KX2 or KX3. The schematic is here:

sdellington.us/hr/KX-1_regulator4.pdf

73,

Scott K9MA

--