Good Afternoon,

   Yesterday's twenty meter net had fair to good reception on a clear band.  The forty meter net had a few moments of good reception.  Then propagation dropped off of a cliff.  Afterward I received a few emails describing what was heard on their end. Fine signals while I was starting up the net and then I disappeared.  Changing the time is once again in order.  Since 0100z is very close to forty meter's cutoff maybe thirty minutes earlier would be better.  Say 0030z for next week.  Any votes, advice, opinions, or sage apocrypha would be appreciated.

  On 14050.5 kHz at 2200z:

W0CZ - Ken - ND

K6XK - Roy - IA

K4JPN - Steve - GA

NO8V - John - MI

N5URL - Bob - NM

  On 7047 kHz at 0100z:

K0DTJ - Brian - CA

K6PJV - Dale - CA

   I am looking out the window to the east watching the sun work its way higher up the nearby mountain.  It is 3 PM and sunset is starting in the valleys.  Can't get used to this new time and it has been a few weeks.  We could stay with daylight savings time throughout the winter with no arguments from me.

   I got three snow reports yesterday with night time temperatures approaching zero.  However Roy reports feeling much safer in his community with a few inches of snow on the ground. With those temperatures I would be making friends with my plumber.

   Until next week stay warm and stay safe,

      73,

          Kevin.  KD5ONS

-