Just to confirm: The threaded PEM nut at the far end of the AXT1 tripod adapter
has 4-40 threads. To use it as a tie point for a counterpoise wire, all you'd
need is a 4-40 thumb screw as others have mentioned. The AXT1 has two
additional unthreaded 1/8" (3 mm) holes which should help with guying, etc.

Something I plan to try soon is using the AXT1 as part of an adapter for
*stationary* vehicle use of the AX1. (As noted in the manual, you should never
use a lightweight telescoping whip on a *moving* vehicle, other than a
bicycle.) The idea is to secure a custom-fabricated extender to the AXT1 (at
the PEM nut) for use in window, roof rack, or trunk lid mounting of the antenna.

73,
Wayne
N6KR