The EC2 is remarkably easy to clone. It's all straight cuts and four simple bends. I did it with the inexpensive Harbor Freight 8" shear/brake. The 2D connectors are simple and ingenious, but very very tedious to make. I just used long rails made from 1/4" square aluminum stock and tapped them for the 4-40 screws. Much easier to keep all the holes aligned

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kIbG8fpYGRHEUyzS2

I agree with Jim. "If you like to build, go for it!"

Eric KE6US