There are ways to do this but it involves all parties being on the same page
and paperwork.
I always found it easier to drive to the border and register equipment with
Canadian customs then drive to buffalo or niagra falls and ship from ups or
whomever. I then have it shipped back for counter pickup and drive back with
the customs documentation previously created. I have done that many times with
thousands of dollars worth of equipment.

Sent from my iPhone