All of our K-Line and KX-Line rigs include our "quick memories" feature. I use
this all the time. In case you missed it, I thought I'd remind everyone how it
works.

First: Why do you need quick memories? The general idea is that, on each band,
you probably have some favorite starting points (frequencies) in each mode, or
maybe a couple of them in a particular mode. For example, on 20 meters I
typically start looking for signals on 14005 in CW mode, 14200 in SSB mode,
140083 in FSK-D (RTTY) mode, etc. On 6 and 10 meters I use only CW and SSB, but
I have a couple of favorite beacons. On transverter bands, I have some local
repeaters I routinely check.

The need for these often-used starting points is what led us to the
quick-memory concept. You can store and recall up to 4 quick memories on each
band.

Here's how it works:

1. Set up a VFO frequency and mode of interest. (Set up both VFO A and B if you
like. I always do this, in effect making each quick memory store two
frequencies that I can quickly check by tapping A/B. In some cases I use them
as the starting and ending points for scanning.)

2. Tap V>M (on the K3/K3S) or STORE (on the KX3/KX2).

3. Tap the '1' switch on the numeric keypad. This saves the present VFOs to the
first quick memory.

Repeat these steps to create up to four quick memories on the current band,
then move to the next band.

To retrieve a quick memory, tap M>V (K3/K3S) or RCL (KX3/KX2).

73,
Wayne
N6KR