I am looking to see if anyone else has used an Ameritron AL811 with their
KX3 with positive results.

I plan on buying the KXPA100, but after buying the Shack in a Bag, I will
need to put it off for a little bit. In the mean time, I would like to try
using what I have, but I am hesitant to try since the KX3 is new to me and
I don't want to harm anything.

I have a base station radio that plugs into the Ameritron AL811 by way of
the ARB-704 and it works great with 70 watts going it to make 600 watts
going out. The ARB amp line is a simple RCA jack from the ARB 704 to the
rear of the Amp, but the radio cord is the Multi cord plugged into my base
station. I know I can unplug the multi cord and use the RCA jack on the
back of the ARB 704 "radio" input, but I am not sure where that will plug
into.

I know that I can only push 15 watts max into the Ameritron, but wouldn't
that mean that I could get somewhere around 180 watts out of it? Would it
work like that?

I bought the cable pack from Elecraft, so I am pretty sure I have
everything that I need to make it happen, but I would love the advice of
someone on here that may have already done this, or has good information on
why I should not try this. I could also use help in which plugs to plug
where.

Thank you for any information that anybody may be able to give and please
forgive me if this has been posted somewhere already. I have done my best
to search for several days online and in this forum, but I am not coming up
with any answers.

73,

Dan
N7DSX