I believe that putting WIN10 hardware in the radio will be a benefit to the
OEM.  It will make the radio become obsolete faster and allow more sales for
upgrades.

Maestro, SunSDR, and Anan MK II radios all have Win10 PCs embedded.  Those
radios’ embedded PCs are all obsolete already.
Consider how much pain it is to deal with Windows 10 updates.  I am sure the
radio OEMs are paranoid, or at least I would be were I one of them.  When you
have a widely deployed product that suddenly stops working because of an
update, the pain is intense and expensive to cure.

How about an Intel NUC instead of a PC ?   They were used on Heard and Ducie
rather than using laptops.   Even NUCs do not support IPA 4K monitors, yet.

Bob R