On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 12:12 AM John Marvin <jm...@themarvins.org> wrote:

> So, how is this Elecraft related you might ask? Well the club is still
> looking for operators,  and Elecraft is a sponsor for the event,
> providing four KX3's and four KPA500 amplifiers for the event (Thanks
> Wayne and Eric!). So if you decide you want to take a trip to Fort
> Collins to help out, you may be very familiar with the equipment used!

This begs the question: Why KX3s with KPA500s? That is what I use in my
mobile station and it provides about 250W due to the FCC amplifier gain
requirements. I am fine with it, as that is what I have and higher power
may affect the vehicle. I have seen someone post a modification to remove
an attenuator in the amp and recalibrate the power meter, but I would
assume that Elecraft will not be allowed to do that, as the FCC Cert holder.

73,

Mark
W7MLG